DCSE vs. Court Order: How Should I Obtain Child Support?

Patricia TichenorLegal

family meeting with attorney to obtain child support

Whether you’re going through a divorce or are unmarried and simply need to set fair terms with your child’s other natural (or adoptive) parent, you may find you need to establish an order of child support. To obtain child support in Virginia, you can either apply through the Commonwealth’s Department of Social Services, Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE), or by opening up a case directly with your local court. Here’s what you need to … Read More